Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Goal Rush!


By Jill Koenig
Author, Coach, Motivational Speaker

In my last article, I covered the “Goal A Day” method of goal setting for people who feel stuck and overwhelmed when they ponder the magnitude of approaching larger goals. It’s a great approach for beginners who are not necessarily self starters. It’s great for building new disciplines.

With my coaching clients, I help them identify which approach will bring them the best results based on their specific goals, deadlines and their own unique schedule.

For some, A Goal A Day is simply too slooooooow.

That’s why I created the Goal Rush method to pursuing your goals. A Goal Rush is creating a plan for your goal and taking action at turbo speed.

When I started my first business, I did not have another source of income. A Goal A Day would not have been the right approach. I did not have the luxury of taking my time. I had to succeed and I had to move quickly. I chose to create a Goal Rush. I had to build an instant income and act with a sense of urgency like never before. Be advised, a Goal Rush is meant to be a temporary approach, because it is not a model for a balanced life. You are not supposed to neglect your family, your health or any other responsibilities. But some projects will never get off the ground if you don’t set aside large chunks of time to focus, dig in and blast off!

Here are some basic principles of a Goal Rush:

You hire a Coach to help you create an effective plan
Your Coach helps set your priorities
You predetermine a set amount of time to focus
-usually 30, 60 or 90 days
You set your work hours in advance
You stick to your plan except in cases of emergency
During this period of time, you put your blinders on
You raise the bar to a higher standard than normal
You wake up much earlier in the morning
You stay up later at night
You forego most ordinary social activities
-like sporting events and parties
No social lunches or dinners
No distractions
No TV

No radio
No newspaper
No seminars
No surfing the net aimlessly
No wasting time
You don’t take social calls during your work hours
-in fact you don’t even pick up the phone unless it is imperative to your project
Most or all of your hobbies take a back seat
You eat, sleep and breathe your dream

You must exercise
You must eat healthy
No procrastination
No excuses

No blaming
No complaining

The purpose of the Goal Rush is to create INSTANT MOMENTUM. When I am in Goal Rush mode, I can accomplish more in one day than most people do in an entire week.

A Goal Rush is strict, intense, demanding, thrilling and fun to watch your dream progress by leaps and bounds. You will be taking massive action in a short period of time. It will challenge you. It will stretch you. It will excite you. It is one of the main reasons for my business success and an approach I can apply at will anytime I want to jump start the momentum on any given goal. It is the approach I used to write my first book.

If you applied a Goal Rush to one of your major goals, what would it be? Would you start a new business? Create a part time extra income? Learn a new skill? Launch a web site? Decorate your house? Restore an antique auto? Write a book? Lose weight? Learn to speak a new language? What would make a difference in your life?


The Goal Rush method is not for everyone. If you would like to launch a Goal Rush to help you get a goal off the ground, contact me at Jill@GoalGuru.com


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home