Friday, April 13, 2007

Roots


Today is a very special day for someone I admire.

My friend Greg Reid is about to release his labor of love,
an empowering movie along the lines of "What The Bleep" and
"The Secret."

It's being called

http://www.TheWishMovie.com

I asked Greg to share a powerful story I think we can all
relate to. And he is inviting you to watch the trailer and

grab your advance copy of the DVD before it is released

to the rest of the world.

Enjoy!

Jill Koenig

============

Roots

By Greg Reid

A few years back I remember sitting with my mentor over lunch
while I poured my heart out in frustration.

It seemed like no matter how hard I tried, I just could not
break through to many of those I was coaching and working with.

Like most leaders, I too wanted the best for everyone, a panacea
attitude I suppose.

No matter how hard I taught, shared, or even at times attempted
to control other people's behavior for their own good (sound
like someone you know?) It drove me mad wondering why they could
not, or would not apply the messages given to them.

My lunch guest began to laugh, understanding all to well where I
was coming from as he leaned into me and whispered this single
word…

Roots.

What? I asked?

"Roots", he repeated and went on to tell me something that
changed my life and they way I worked with people from that day
forward.

"It's like this" he said " When you see someone, lets
say they are down and out, even in the gutter, you want to go
over and pick them up, dust them off, and get their life in
order and send them on their way to a new life of happiness."


"Absolutely!" I shouted back

"Well that is why you fail" he responded as he sat back in
his chair taking a sip of coffee..

"I don't get it, I just want to help" I muttered.

"Yes, I understand that – yet you are missing the key
ingredient." Said the wiser of us two.

I just sat there with look like a confused puppy with my head
tilted to the side.

"Roots" He continued… "It works like this… first they
have to WANT your help. Say you find someone that is need of
change, they can even be in the situation you mentioned before,
really down and out - only rather than trying to help everyone
– look for that person who is bleeding from their hands."

Again, I must have looked at him with a state confusion.

"You see, these people are different. Remember, it doesn't
matter where people are at, coming from or been, we've all had
hard times in our lives, but its the people who understand the
roots philosophy that are the ones who truly end up going from
where they are, to where they want to be."

I inquired "Why are they bleeding?"

"Because they don't want to be in that situation any
longer" He mentored " These people are bleeding from their
hands because they are reaching out of that place, the
metaphorical gutter so to speak and are grabbing and a hand full
of roots, and are pulling themselves out."

"Now rather than waste time, attempting to (FIX) everyone as
you were doing before, just stand behind those who are reaching
for the roots and offer encouraging words and guide them where
to grab hold of the next set of roots, and eventually they will
do something special and pull THEMSELVES out, and then have the
tools to teach others to do the same."

Pretty good advice huh? And since that time, and applying this
principal, I have gone from a 3o% success rate with working with
people to over 80%, it's a simple golden rule – God helps
those who help themselves - and we can be a small factor in his
handiwork by simply being the guide.

What you have in your hands is the roadmap of time tested ideas,
suggestion and wisdoms offered by some of today's greatest
leaders in personal development.

The true test is how we will put these suggestions to work, for
ourselves as well as of the betterment of others.

Will we continue attempting to help everyone, or will seek out
those who are ready for the transformation?

The choice is yours, we have the tools, now it's up to us to
put them to work.

Best wishes and what ever you do…..
Keep smilin'…….

Greg S. Reid

http://www.TheWishMovie.com

==============

Work less, earn more and gain control over your life:

http://www.goalguru.com/timecommandments

==============

Make 2007 Your Breakout Year! New Year New Life!

http://www.goalguru.com/products

==============

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home