Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Nothing Is Impossible!

By Jill Koenig
Author, Coach, Motivational Speaker


I do believe that anything a human being can conceive, they can achieve. The bigger question becomes, is the person going to have the desire, commitment and determination to see the goal through.

Nothing is impossible.

There are ideas and inventions that were created in the past 20 years that seemed crazy when they were first attempted. Now we use them every day and cannot imagine life without them.

Here are some examples of Visions that once seemed impossible:

Electricity
The Telephone
The Four Minute Mile
Fax Machine
Cell Phones
The Personal Computer
The IPOD
The Internet

Oh how I marvel at the creators who dared to persist and overcome adversities in order to succeed. I am literally in awe.


I don't watch much tv, but I do Tivo programs that I think might be interesting and I watch them on the weekend. I can fast forward past the commercials (time management tip) I save hours per week by chunking my tv watching this way.

I Tivo'd Nightline the other day and was fascinated by what I learned.

The US military has a compound outside of Las Vegas, NV where soldiers pilot aircraft. The aircraft they pilot are over in IRAQ! Yes, they use remote controls to navigate unmanned Predator aircraft that are in the air 7,500 miles away!

These aircraft are equipped with cameras, carry Hellfire missiles and the pilots in NV can fire at enemy on the ground. The aircraft can fly up to 20 hours at a stretch without refueling. This creation was once a goal. It was once someone's vision. How much persistence do you think it took to bring this goal to life? Might there have been a few challenges along the way? How much teamwork do you think it took to coordinate all of the undersea cables, satellite devices and remote communication tools and technology to make it all work?


Goals are the most motivating force on Earth. They bring people together, they challenge us and force us to grow. They help us to become more than we thought we could be. Goals cause us to attempt the things that ordinary people think are crazy. Goals dare us to overcome. Goals dare us to dream.

This hangs on my wall:


Impossible is Nothing!
Impossible is just a big word
thrown around by small men,
who find it easier to live
in a world they have been given,
than to explore the
power they have to change it.
Impossible is not a fact
it's an opinion.
Impossible is not a declaration.
It's a dare.
Impossible is potential.
Impossible is temporary.
Impossible is nothing!



I dare you to set a big goal today. I dare you to pursue the "impossible."

Live Your Dreams!

Jill Koenig


http://www.GoalGuru.com


Daily Deals at FranklinCovey.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home