Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Celebrate Your Freedom.... Independence

By Jill Koenig
Author, Coach, Motivational Speaker

This July 4th, I want to encourage you to really celebrate your independence. In America today we celebrate freedom from tyranny, and the right to pursue our dreams.

I took some time to reflect with gratitude that I was born in the USA. I have certain rights and freedoms here that I would not have if I were born in say, Africa, Poland, Iraq, The Soviet Union or any number of other countries.

This means I have a beautiful freedom granted to me by my forefathers through their bravery and foresight.

I have the freedom to get an education... or not.

I have the freedom to read whatever books I want.... or not.

I have the freedom to speak freely... or not.

I have the freedom to vote... or not.

I have the freedom to get a job... or not.

I have the freedom to love whomever I want... or not.

I have the freedom to marry... or not.

I have the freedom to start a business... or not.

I have the freedom to increase my income... or not.

I have the freedom to set goals, any goals I desire... or not.

The vast majority of the world is still without these freedoms.

I consider it my responsibility, my obligation, my privelage to savor and exercise these rights and pursue the opportunities I have been given, that many still only dream of.

Every single day, thousands of immigrants risk their lives to enter into our country to get a taste of the freedoms we experience here that so many take for granted. They come here hungry, ready and willing to work and do whatever it takes to experience a tiny morsel of what we were born with... freedom... beautiful, delicious, magnificent freedom...

I can wake up any morning and start anew, set new goals, renew old goals... or not.


Freedom and responsibility

Are mutual and inseparable,

We can ensure the enjoyment of the one

Only by exercising the other

-The Bill of Responsibilities


I set some new goals today.

We are at about the half way point through 2006.

Take a look at your life. Take a look at your progress.

Are you on track to reach your goals for the year?

Now is a great time to exercies your freedom and set some new goals for the next six months.

If you live in America, you live in the greatest country in the world...

The land of opportunity...

Give thanks to those who defend our rights and freedom and exercise that freedom to create an extraordinary life for yourself and the people around you.

Give Thanks.

Set a new goal today to honor the freedom you enjoy...

Live Your Dreams,

Jill Koenig

Jill Koenig is America's Top Goal Strategist. She is an expert
on the subjects of Goal Setting, Time Management and Business
Success. She publishes the world's largest Goal Newsletter at
http://www.GoalGuru.com



Need some fresh, free content for your web site or e-zine?

You are welcome to reprint this article on your web site
or in your e-zine. We simply ask that you include our byline
and let us know where the article will be appearing.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home